Santa Ana Man Gets More than 13 Years for Molestation

 In blog, Crime – MyNewsLA.com

Santa Ana Man Gets More than 13 Years for Molestation

by Contributing Editor

A 38-year-old Santa Ana man was sentenced to more than 13 years in prison for committing lewd acts with a pair of underage female relatives, according to court records obtained Wednesday.

Rogelio Mendez pleaded guilty Oct. 28 to three counts of lewd or lascivious acts with a minor younger than 14, one count of lewd act on a child 14 or 15, and sexual battery, all felonies. He was immediately sentenced to 13 years and eight months in prison.

Mendez, who was ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, was given credit for 676 days he has already served behind bars.

According to testimony at his preliminary hearing, Mendez allegedly sexually assaulted one of the girls starting when she was 12 and they were at a family Fourth of July party in 2016. The girl said she fell asleep but woke up to the defendant molesting her, according to the testimony.

She also said she was molested in April of last year when she was 14, and another time while sleeping in the same bed with her mother and sister, according to the testimony.

Mendez was also accused of molesting another female relative when she was 10 and 13, according to the testimony. An anonymous tip to a social worker prompted a call to police, who arrested Mendez in April of last year.

As part of the plea deal, a sentencing enhancement regarding multiple victims, which would have resulted in a life prison sentence, was dismissed.

>> Want to read more stories like this? Get our Free Daily Newsletters Here!

All credit goes to Contributing Editor
Originally published on https://mynewsla.com

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search